Women's Gender Specific Services
The Women's Program is a program developed specifically for women and their families. We assist women in changing their lives to live drug free.
This program is based on the belief that women drink and use drugs for different reasons then men and therefore need different services. The Women's Program is
designed to help women find solutions to their unique problems.
The program focuses on using their strengths rather than emphasizing their weaknesses. We provide a safe and confidential environment in which to look at her options. We can then choose the best course for their families and themselves.
Groups offered through The Women's Program:
- Contemplation Pre-Treatment: The Pre-Treatment group is for women who are not aware of the extent of problems created by their use.
- Focus: The Focus group is offered to first time offenders and women who have a less extensive history of alcohol/drug use.
- Relapse Prevention: The Relapse Prevention group is for women who have completed the Women's Addiction Recovery Group and/or other intensive treatment.
- Aftercare: The purpose of the Aftercare group is to support and encourage the women's efforts in maintaining a sober lifestyle.
- New Outlook: The New Outlook group focuses on co-dependency and how it relates to substance use.
- Anger Management: This group focuses on how anger and alcohol/drugs relate, coping with anger, and how to apply coping skills to everyday life.
- Women's Addiction Recovery: A gender specific intensive program for women diagnosed as substance dependent. It meets two and one half hours per day, three days per week.
- Seeking Safety Trauma Group: This group educates women who have experienced trauma and substance abuse in their lives.